- To impart knowledge about the five disciplines namely Food Science and Nutrition, Family Resource Management, Human Development, Textiles and Clothing and Extension Education.
- To develop skills for entrepreneurship in one of the five disciplines.
- To enable students through this multi disciplinary course to address the needs of self., family and community.
H.S.C.(XIIth) passed in Science,Home Science,Arts,Commerce or equivalent from any recognized board.
|03||Design & Aesthetics|
|04||Life Span Development|
|03||Textile Sc. & Apparel Design|
|04||Fundamentals of Food Science & Nutrition|
|05||Extension & Communication|
|01||Nutrition for Life Span|
|04||Media Skill Development|
|05||Fabric Ornamentation and Accessory Design|
|02||Traditional Textiles and Embroideries of India|
|04||Soft Skill Development|
|05||Child and Youth Development|
|01||Front Office Operations & Accomodation (RM-HM)|
|02||Social Entrepreneurship (Extension)|
|03||Dyeing and Printing (TSAD)|
|04||Programme Planning and Management|
|05||Recent Advances in HECS|
|03||Basics of Guidance and Counseling|
|04||Professional Applications in HECS (Intership)|
Job Prospects: Wide array of job opportunities are available to the students. It is a need-based, professionally oriented education to assist family and community towards improved living. It provides scientific knowledge in managing home life, Judicious use of available resources, services and facilities, Managing day to day family affairs, Preparing for healthier and purposeful family.
- Careers in teaching, research, Community development projects: Extention & Outreach.
- Marketting, Merchandising, Fashion designing, Fashion journalism, Textile and apparel Industry. Event management, Fashion boutiques for garments and accessories, Dyeing and printing units, Sampling, Production and Quality control.
- Dieticians in hospitals, Nursing homes, Nutrition cinics and fitness centers, Nutrition Counsellors and Nutrition experts in national and International agencies. Planners and policy makers, Food technologists, Entrepreneurs in health, Nutrition and Catering Indusry, Nutrition Journalists, cookery classes .
- School Counsellors, Child & Adolescent Psychologist in clinics, Pre school teachers, Special educators, social SPECIALIZATIONS OFFERED workers, media developers in various government and NGO units.
- Interior designing, Event management, Hospitality, Human resource management.